Thank you for your interest in joining our club via online streaming. We take the safety of your child seriously but also expect good behavior from your child in their verbal and written communication. The rules of our Club are similar to school. As you fill out the form, please confirm that you have read the rules provided and recognize that failure to follow will result in your child being warned. Repeated offenses can constitute a temporary or permanent ban from activities.
As online enrollment proceeds, there is no long term contract or specific payment that you are committing to pay. However, please keep in mind that we are a business and would greatly appreciate your contribution.
Anyone who visits Video Game Design Club may watch any of our streams and join our chat. Whether you sign this or not, your child is expected to follow the rules.
However, certain privileges, such as joining the Minecraft server, are reserved for those who monetarily contribute to the GoFundMe. That access lasts for the month of April. To retain a longer term access to that server, we will evaluate participation in these online sessions are reach out with an affordable option should you choose to continue.
Failure to follow rules to the point of being removed from chat or the Minecraft server does not constitute refunds. Play nice and we are nice!
Class Rules and Expectations
The enrolling children will be represented by “students” in this agreement. Any adult signing this document makes full and legal agreement to the conditions thereof and this adult is agreeing in behalf of all other legal parents or guardians of the student. I agree and understand to the following conditions of the Club.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to provide an adequate computer and that dysfunction of that computer is in no way the responsibility of the Club.
- I understand that it is not the fault of Video Game Design Club if the student fails or struggles to grasp game design principles despite the club’s efforts to do so. I agree that this does not entitle me to refunds from previous sessions.
- I agree that VGDC is not a child care institution and that supervision of computer use is not the responsibility of VGDC.
- I agree that if my student users a computer improperly, such as the use of watching, viewing, or sending of inappropriate or pornographic, highly violent, or profane material is not the fault of VGDC or its instructors. I also agree that if my student commits such communications to us or other members may be removed from the Club. There is a zero tolerance for such acts.
- I agree that my student will behave appropriately, refrain utterly from acts of bullying or teasing, and use clean and professional language. I accept that VGDC retains full right to refuse services if my student cannot abide by these rules.
- I understand that if my child intentionally commits actions of griefing, trolling, online bullying, or other toxic behavior, they are given one chance to make amends. If a second action of similar malice is committed, especially within a recent time of the first, my child may be removed from the Club permanently.
- I understand that it is important for me to discuss the mental fortitude or shortcomings of my child. I recognize that VGDC is not an educational institution and is not capable of meeting the demands of all children. I accept the risk that my child or their actions may or may not be manageable by the instructors.
- I agree that my student may participate in the play of games up to the rating of T for Teen and my express permission will be required to pay anything above that. Exceptions or revisions to this specific rule may be made on a case by case basis.
- I agree that I am willing to accept updates to this waiver after reading them.
I agree to not resell the content given to my student of VGDC. I agree to not compete with VGDC or enter in partnership with any other individuals in the creation of an organization teaching video game design.
Individual Instruction and Protection
VGDC will conduct background checks for all of its instructors and future instructors, and diligently seeks to minimize the instances of unsupervised or unrecorded contact in accordance with its policies.
I hereby acknowledge that I understand the terms of this section. I also hereby agree that I waive my ability to sue Video Game Design Club or an individual instructor only on the grounds of verbal allegations and must present clear and present, recorded proof or a reliable second witness of intentional and inappropriate contact.
Taking Photos or Videos
I grant permission to Video Game Design Club and its agents or employees, to use photographs or videos of interactions with members via video or live streaming. Any content they produce uniquely may be used in marketing material for VGDC but we do not retain any creative rights of their creations.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photograph.
I hereby agree to release, defend, and hold harmless Video Game Design Club and its agents or employees, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product in whole or in part, whether on paper or via electronic media, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs and video, including but not limited to any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.
I agree to all of these rules and do accept this as a legally binding document.