Creating a Roblox Shooting Multiplayer
CLICK PLAY TO LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS
You are creating a laser tag shooting game for Roblox.
This is the Badge for this month-
You have a Weak Gun, Medium Gun, and Strong Gun.
DO NOT ADD OTHER GUNS, THEY WILL NOT WORK!
You must follow these steps:
1) Draw a map of what you plan to build. The map requires that you create:
- Terrain: Hills, mountains, valleys, rivers, rocks, etc
- Buildings: What kind of place is it?
- Environment objects: abandoned cars, trees, etc
- Plan where you will place guns. Make the weak guns common and strong guns harder to find.
- Have layers! Make buildings with multiple stories or hills that give you a vantage point. Flat levels do not qualify.
- At least 4 objects in the game need to be something you made. Use parts to create an object.
- It’s ok to use premade objects from the Toolbox. Don’t use too much or you will make the game slow down.
2) Begin creating in Roblox.
Start building the level. It’s best to start with Terrain or Buildings. Add in the Environment objects. Don’t worry about placing guns until the world is more complete.
3) Playtest! Publish your game to Roblox. During the second hour, we will be testing different levels and giving you feedback.
4) Revise your level. Take what you learned and make the level better.
5) Repeat. Have people play it again. You may get more feedback. It’s now up to you when you feel it is complete, as long as it has the requirements in step #1.
You cannot get your badge on your first session. There is so much you can build in this that we will not accept it if you rush through it. Take your time and build carefully.
Click here to DOWNLOAD THE ROBLOX FILE.
If you are new to Roblox, these videos will help: