5- Shapes and Colors- Part 1

Activity Progress:

In the next activity you will learn how to begin creating your character with Shapes and Colors.

As you can see in the picture below, I’ve chosen one drawing that really sticks out to me. I have begun to draw the shapes that make up his body and select colors I like from the Character Collage

But how do you know what shapes to use? What colors? That’s what we will learn in this activity

Shapes

Did you know that Shapes are also a language? Let’s watch these videos to find out how they speak to us:

Color Choice

Color is a complex subject but in this step we will break it down into the most important choices. Watch this video on understanding color theory and then check out these tools to start playing with color combinations.

Tools:

Adobe Color is so much fun to play with and matches colors so well. It's a great tool to see how color can match. Visit it here.

Adobe Color is so much fun to play with and matches colors so well. It’s a great tool to see how color can match.
Visit it here.

Sometimes color theory is hard to understand without playing with colors. Go to paletton.com and play a bit with this tool to see how colors can compliment each other.

Sometimes color theory is hard to understand without playing with colors. Go to paletton.com and play a bit with this tool to see how colors can compliment each other.

Quiz

Since there’s a lot to drawing your character, this activity is split into two sections. The next session will show the process of actually creating a final character concept.

First, let’s test your knowledge gained about Shapes and Colors:

QuizzesStatus